2015-2016 Executive Committee
- President: Suzanne Jucaitis
- 1st VP: Tyler-Lee Murphy
- 2nd VP: Alex Idiaquez
- Secretary: Sue Reichel
- Treasurer: Diana Garrison
(Check your Membership Handbook for Chair)
- Babysitting for Meetings: This committee arranges for babysitting during our monthly meetings. They take RSVP’s for using babysitting and coordinate the sitters.
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny: This committee plans a pancake breakfast with the Easter Bunny a few weeks before Easter. This is considered a “community service” event.
- Field Trips: Field trips are planned each month, some are free and some have a reasonable fee.
- Helping Hands: This committee organizes individuals to bring meals to other PTA members in need (i.e., birth of a baby, adoption, sickness, death in the family).
- Hospitality: This committee coordinates set-up and clean-up of our meeting space as well as encourage members to bring snacks to share at each meeting.
- Husband’s Club: This committee plans “guy” oriented activities. Several couples events are planned as well.
- Kidsellabration: This committee arranges our annual resale for people to sell their gently used children’s clothing, toys, furniture and accessories.
- Membership: This committee distributes membership packets, collects dues and keeps an accurate record of paid members as well as maintaining the membership list.
- Mom’s Night Out: This committee arranges a monthly night out to help members become better acquainted. See the Mom’s Night Out section under PTA Activities for a schedule of events.
- Newsletter: Provides a monthly newsletter, “The Bear Facts”, with detailed information regarding all programs, events and activities.
- Parties: This committee is responsible for planning crafts, games, refreshments and entertainment.
- Playgroups: This committee organizes interested members in to age appropriate children’s playgroups for play and social interaction for both children and parent.
- Publicity: Publicizes membership activities through flyers and other various means of publicity to stores, libraries, churches and nursery schools.
- Santa’s Closet: Organizes our annual children’s Christmas shopping event. Chairperson(s) purchases gifts, arranges for Santa’s appearance, organizes “elf” volunteers, wrappers and solicits snacks. Children pay a set amount per gift purchased, fill out a shoppers worksheet (who they are buying for) an “elf” assists them in picking out gifts and then the children wrap them (with help, of course). Our own “Twigby Shop”.
- Service: Encourages PTA members to get involved in community service projects. She contacts various centers, coordinates collections from members, and arranges drop-off to the centers.
- Website: Maintains and updates the WPECPTA website.
- Welcoming Committee: Contacts all new members to welcome them and answer questions. Greets new members at meetings and helps them get acquainted with existing members. Plans a family picnic before the first meeting to welcome new members and their families.
- Yahoo E-mail Group: Maintains the groups yahoo email information/conversation group.
- 4th of July Parade: Registers the PTA for the Kamm’s Korner Parade, purchases candy to hand out and organizes volunteers to march in the parade.